Subject: bug#30043: 25.3; C-M-e inserts euro character

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 16:11:04 +0100

Hello Bug list

On a (the reporting) Windows machine in other editors C-M-e inserts a
Euro character, €. I don't know why, because I can do that with "Alt gr
e". However, this didn't happen in Emacs 24.5.1 on that same machine.
With Emacs as by this report it does insert the Euro character. I don't
know what should be the correct behavior, but do prefer C-M-e to run
the command end-of-defun

In GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
  of 2017-09-26 built on LAPHROAIG
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
  'configure --without-dbus --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2
  -static -g3' PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/mingw64/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: SVE
   locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Dired

Minor modes in effect:
   magit-auto-revert-mode: t
   global-git-commit-mode: t
   diff-auto-refine-mode: t
   async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   dired-hide-details-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   display-time-mode: t
   ido-vertical-mode: t
   global-hl-line-mode: t
   global-anzu-mode: t
   anzu-mode: t
   which-key-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Saving file ...
mouse-2, RET: jump to this character
Saving file ...
Wrote ...
€ is undefined
Quit [5 times]
€ is undefined
scroll-down-command: Beginning of buffer
Mark set
mwheel-scroll: End of buffer [3 times]
mwheel-scroll: Beginning of buffer [6 times]

Load-path shadows:
c:/username/.emacs.d/tomnor-elpa/multiple-cursors.el/multiple-cursors 
hides c:/username/.emacs.d/tomnor-elpa/multiple-cursors
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ox hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ox-texinfo hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ox-publish hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-publish
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ox-org hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-org
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ox-odt hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-odt
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ox-md hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-md
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ox-man hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-man
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ox-latex hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-latex
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ox-icalendar hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ox-html hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-html
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ox-beamer hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-beamer
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ox-ascii hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ox-ascii
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-w3m hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-w3m
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-version hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-version
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-timer hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-timer
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-table hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-table
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-src hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-src
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-rmail hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-rmail
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-protocol hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-protocol
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-plot hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-plot
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-pcomplete hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-mouse hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-mouse
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-mobile hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-mobile
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-mhe hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-mhe
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-macs hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-macs
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-macro hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-macro
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-loaddefs hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-list hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-list
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-irc hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-irc
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-install hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-install
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-inlinetask hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-info hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-info
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-indent hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-indent
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-id hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-id
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-habit hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-habit
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-gnus hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-gnus
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-footnote hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-footnote
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-feed hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-feed
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-faces hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-faces
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-eshell hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-eshell
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-entities hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-entities
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-element hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-element
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-docview hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-docview
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-datetree hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-datetree
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-ctags hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-ctags
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-crypt hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-crypt
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-compat hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-compat
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-colview hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-colview
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-clock hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-clock
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-capture hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-capture
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-bibtex hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-bibtex
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-bbdb hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-bbdb
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-attach hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-attach
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-archive hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-archive
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/org-agenda hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/org-agenda
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-tangle hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-tangle
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-table hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-table
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-sqlite hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-sql hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-sql
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-shen hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-shen
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-screen hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-screen
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-scheme hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-scheme
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-sass hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-sass
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-ruby hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-ruby
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-ref hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-ref
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-R hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-R
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-python hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-python
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-plantuml hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-picolisp hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-perl hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-perl
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-org hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-org
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-octave hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-octave
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-ocaml hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-mscgen hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-maxima hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-maxima
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-matlab hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-matlab
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-makefile hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-makefile
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-lob hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-lob
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-lisp hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-lisp
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-lilypond hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-ledger hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-ledger
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-latex hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-latex
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-keys hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-keys
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-js hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-js
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-java hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-java
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-io hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-io
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-haskell hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-haskell
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-gnuplot hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-fortran hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-fortran
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-exp hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-exp
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-eval hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-eval
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-emacs-lisp hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-dot hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-dot
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-ditaa hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-css hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-css
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-core hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-core
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-comint hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-comint
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-clojure hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-clojure
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-calc hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-calc
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-C hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-C
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-awk hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-awk
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/ob-asymptote hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-2.20/seq hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq
c:/username/.emacs.d/elpa/let-alist-1.0.5/let-alist hides 
c:/progs/emacs-25.3_1/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail org-duration diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-iso wdired org-table org-rmail org-mhe org-irc
org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-agenda bug-reference magit-bookmark
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote
magit-commit epa magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-branch
magit-collab ghub url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap json map magit-files magit-refs magit-status subr-x
magit esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups
eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util dired-x magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode magit-core magit-autorevert
autorevert filenotify magit-process auth-source eieio eieio-core
magit-margin magit-mode derived git-commit recentf tree-widget wid-edit
magit-git magit-section magit-utils vc-git diff-mode crm magit-popup
log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epg gnus-util
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async shell
server dash bookmark pp tomnor two-column iso-transl misearch
multi-isearch dired-aux ace-jump-mode cl dired paredit zerodark-theme
let-alist all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material
data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons
data-alltheicons memoize font-lock+ paren time view org-element cl-seq
avl-tree org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint
ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ido-vertical-mode ido hl-line anzu
broadcast-numbers tn-numbers ripgrep grep compile comint ansi-color ring
printing ps-print ps-def lpr finder-inf ace-jump-mode-autoloads info
package epg-config seq byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode
easymenu cconv which-key multiple-cursors mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode
mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-mark-more
thingatpt mc-cycle-cursors mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core
easy-mmode edmacro kmacro cl-macs gv advice rect cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib ispell time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 642924 88058)
  (symbols 56 45325 0)
  (miscs 48 2514 2259)
  (strings 32 118635 14014)
  (string-bytes 1 3640789)
  (vectors 16 45986)
  (vector-slots 8 1560463 213784)
  (floats 8 981 712)
  (intervals 56 17370 1830)
  (buffers 976 99))