Subject: Re: bug#30043: 25.3; C-M-e inserts euro character

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 05:32:11 +0200

> From: Tomas Nordin <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 22:06:49 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I cannot reproduce this here, C-M-e in Emacs doesn't insert €.
> 
> Does C-M-e insert € in some other editor for you?

Yes, Word does.  In any case, what other editors do should not be
relevant for Emacs.

> >> I don't know what should be the correct behavior, but do prefer
> >> C-M-e to run the command end-of-defun
> >
> > Invoking end-of-defun is the correct behavior, and that's what it does
> > for me.
> 
> Tomorrow I will check if num lock has something to do with it, I read
> something about that on the web. Still, strange that it happens in 25
> but not in 24.

I have consistently correct behavior in Emacs here.  Do you perhaps
have some optional software or Windows feature installed/activated
that produces the Euro in Emacs?