Subject: bug#30042: closed (Re: [bug#30042] [PATCH 1/1] gnu: Add rct.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 01:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#30042: [PATCH 0/1] gnu: Add rct.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
30042: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30042
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#30042] [PATCH 1/1] gnu: Add rct.
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: Fis Trivial <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 17:33:00 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 08:04:15PM +0000, Fis Trivial wrote:
> 
> * gnu/packages/cpp.scm (rct): New public variable.

Thanks! Pushed as e8b409741baf3b9de30faa8683722375196dd1e9 after
removing this comment about test inputs:

> +      (native-inputs                      ; All native-inputs are for tests
> +       `(("cppunit" ,cppunit)
> +         ("openssl" ,openssl)
> +         ("pkg-config" ,pkg-config)
> +         ("zlib" ,zlib)))

I removed it after checking the references of the built package like
this:

------
$ guix gc --references $(./pre-inst-env guix build rct)
/gnu/store/3h31zsqxjjg52da5gp3qmhkh4x8klhah-glibc-2.25
/gnu/store/6wyjls0q2c9gjskkplsr1ad09p3d8gzg-gcc-5.4.0-lib
/gnu/store/navpkpm1jf6zf8zmi54wl5w3b2ddv1sw-zlib-1.2.11
/gnu/store/nl3zjmg4wv40j8sv1fhla1g1ngysd8nq-openssl-1.0.2n
/gnu/store/w8ypl7zfs4q8cqc9k8k61q4dx69l770h-rct-0.0.0-1.b3e6f41
------

We can see the built package refers to some of those inputs and thus may
use them at run-time. So, the comment is not totally accurate (and not
strictly required).

And I got curious, so I tried something like this:

------
$ grep -r /gnu/store/nl3zjmg4wv40j8sv1fhla1g1ngysd8nq-openssl-1.0.2n $(./pre-inst-env guix build rct)
Binary file /gnu/store/w8ypl7zfs4q8cqc9k8k61q4dx69l770h-rct-0.0.0-1.b3e6f41/lib64/librct.so matches
/gnu/store/w8ypl7zfs4q8cqc9k8k61q4dx69l770h-rct-0.0.0-1.b3e6f41/lib/cmake/rct-relwithdebinfo.cmake:  IMPORTED_LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES_RELWITHDEBINFO "pthread;/gnu/store/navpkpm1jf6zf8zmi54wl5w3b2ddv1sw-zlib-1.2.11/lib/libz.so;/gnu/store/nl3zjmg4wv40j8sv1fhla1g1ngysd8nq-openssl-1.0.2n/lib/libcrypto.so;dl;rt"
------

I saw that librct.so refers to both OpenSSL and zlib, so I made them
regular inputs in the followup commit
bad12e839c2f7823c45aa0121f7d5c9bb70905b7

I should have checked before pushing :)

Subject: [PATCH 0/1] gnu: Add rct.
From: Fis Trivial <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 13:57:56 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This package is added for solving the bundling issue mentioned while packaging
*rtags*:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2018-01/msg00177.html

The released version is not compatible with current version of *rtags* so I
picked up the latest commit from master branch.

fis (1):
  gnu: Add rct.

 gnu/packages/cpp.scm | 38 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 1 file changed, 37 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.13.6