Subject: [bug#30041] Issues with GNU Ring on licenses, bundling, configure/build flags and patches

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 11:12:47 -0200

This bug/patch only moves [1] to here, so the progress can be tracked
regardless of archive date.

This is done because the patch might be an improvement to the list of
packages available in GNU Guix.

I have attached a set of recipes (not a patch!) related to GNU Ring and
the dependencies. This attachment is more updated than [2].

However, if you want to test GNU Ring in its unstable state, you must
apply [3] (either directly on your copy of GNU Guix or by making your
own recipes based on the patch) and then use the recipes attached in
this message.

[1]
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=%2Bsubject%3A%7BContinuing+the+work+on+the+recipes+related+to+GNU+Ring%7D&submit=Search%21&idxname=guix-devel&max=20&result=normal&sort=date%3Alate>. Alternatively,
see all messages in
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-03/msg00550.html>
and in
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-07/msg00416.html>.

[2]
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-03/msg00692.html>. An
update I made, also in the discussion related to [1].

[3] <https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27475#16>.

-- 
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com
  gratis).
- "WhatsApp"? Ele não é livre. Por favor, veja formas de se comunicar
  instantaneamente comigo no endereço abaixo.
- Contato: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#vCard
- Arquivos comuns aceitos (apenas sem DRM): Corel Draw, Microsoft
  Office, MP3, MP4, WMA, WMV.
- Arquivos comuns aceitos e enviados: CSV, GNU Dia, GNU Emacs Org, GNU
  GIMP, Inkscape SVG, JPG, LibreOffice (padrão ODF), OGG, OPUS, PDF
  (apenas sem DRM), PNG, TXT, WEBM.