Subject: 26.0.90; [26.1] Making my code warning free is impossible with when-let

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 08:27:02 +0100

Hi,

I try to make all my packages warning free by setting
byte-compile-error-on-warn and running the byte compiler during
continuous integration. I do that for both Emacs 25 and Emacs 26. This
has become impossible with Emacs 26 because when-let is deprecated but
it’s replacement does not exist in Emacs 25.

I can think of two solutions to make my life easier (and potentially
other package maintainers who care about code quality):

- introduce when-let* (and if-let*) in Emacs 25; or

- un-deprecate when-let (and if-let) in Emacs 26 and re-deprecate it
  later.

Best

-- 
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill