Subject: bug#30035: 27.0.50; stream of messages about ‘semantic-flex’

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 18:04:08 -0500

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin17.3.0, NS appkit-1561.20 Version 10.13.2 (Build 17C88))
 of 2018-01-08 built on Clr-Sam.local
Repository revision: a0365437c9ee308ad7978e436631020f513b25e7
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1561
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.13.2

I keep getting messages about semantic-flex being obsolete.
lispbibl.d is in C-mode as came with Emacs.
1. it should not be constantly re-parsed (it has been buries for many days)
2. stock emacs package (cc-mode) should not use obsolete functionality.

Recent messages:
Parsing lispbibl.d (LL)...1%
Parsing lispbibl.d (LL)...
‘semantic-flex’ is an obsolete function.  Use ‘define-lex’ to create lexers. [132 times]
Parsing lispbibl.d (LL)...
‘semantic-flex’ is an obsolete function.  Use ‘define-lex’ to create lexers. [211 times]
Quit
funcall-interactively: No recursive edit is in progress
Parsing lispbibl.d (LL)...
‘semantic-flex’ is an obsolete function.  Use ‘define-lex’ to create lexers. [596 times]
Parsing lispbibl.d (LL)...4%

Configured using:
 'configure --with-mailutils --with-ns
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/imagemagick/lib/pkgconfig/
 --without-makeinfo'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS JSON

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug dired-aux inf-lisp tramp-cmds sh-script smie executable
find-dired log-view d-mode smtpmail bbdb-message mailalias sendmail
cookie1 nnir sort gnus-cite smiley shr svg browse-url mm-archive
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-dup qp mail-extr gnus-ml hl-line disp-table
spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc nndraft nnmh gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig utf-7 gnus-cache gnus-sum bbdb-gnus network-stream starttls
nntp gnus-group gnus-undo tramp-cache gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win pcmpl-unix pcmpl-gnu semantic/bovine/c hideif
semantic/bovine/c-by semantic/lex-spp semantic/bovine/gcc
semantic/bovine semantic/analyze/refs semantic/analyze semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn cl-print debug markdown-mode color noutline outline
log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util dabbrev
semantic/tag-write skeleton company-capf company-semantic ein-multilang
ein-multilang-fontify org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs ein-company url-http tls gnutls url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 url-gw nsm rmc puny ein-notebooklist ein-file ein-notebook
eieio-opt semantic/sb speedbar sb-image dframe ein-inspector
ein-traceback ein-pytools ein-pager ein-completer ein-subpackages
ein-notification ein-scratchsheet ein-worksheet ein-kill-ring
ein-cell-output ein-cell-edit ein-cell ein-skewer skewer-mode
cache-table js2-mode js sgml-mode dom simple-httpd pp ein-output-area
xml ein-kernelinfo ein-kernel ein-ipdb ein-events eieio-compat
ein-websocket websocket bindat ein-contents-api ein-query
request-deferred deferred request url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap ein-node
ein-log ein-classes ein-core ein-utils dash cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ein
misearch multi-isearch semantic/edit vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs add-log semantic/tag-file remember semantic/imenu semantic/sort
semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files semantic/wisent/python
semantic/decorate/include semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse semantic/dep
semantic/wisent/python-wy semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent rx
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-cmake
company-xcode company-clang company-eclim company-template company-css
company-nxml company-bbdb cl-extra yasnippet flymake-proc flymake
company pcase help-fns radix-tree help-mode elpy find-file-in-project
ivy delsel ivy-overlay ffap thingatpt windmove elpy-shell elpy-profile
elpy-django s elpy-refactor derived edmacro kmacro subr-x ido grep
compile files-x etags xref project cus-edit python tramp-sh tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete parse-time
format-spec comint ring ansi-color vc-dir ewoc vc vc-git diff-mode
easy-mmode dired dired-loaddefs vc-dispatcher vc-hg flyspell ispell
elec-pair warnings midnight ein-loaddefs pyvenv gnus nnheader gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb-loaddefs bbdb
bbdb-site timezone edit-server advice server finder-inf info package
semantic/db-mode semantic/db eieio-base semantic/idle semantic/format
ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt which-func imenu
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq password-cache json map seq
url-vars semantic/util-modes easymenu semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs mode-local
find-func cedet paren help-at-pt desktop frameset cus-start cus-load cl
gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 5914682 288585)
 (symbols 48 62469 125)
 (miscs 40 18679 1273)
 (strings 32 667093 97708)
 (string-bytes 1 29742474)
 (vectors 16 123738)
 (vector-slots 8 2730014 256318)
 (floats 8 570 1212)
 (intervals 56 88635 2237)
 (buffers 992 108))

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1561
http://steingoldpsychology.com http://www.childpsy.net
https://jihadwatch.org http://islamexposedonline.com
Volume(Pizza of radius Z and thickness A) = PI * Z * Z * A