Subject: Re: bug#30024: [PATCH] core-updates: librsvg: Disable more failing tests

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 11:50:33 -0500

Hi Ludovic,

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> [*] GNU tar's handling of sparse files is broken on btrfs filesystems
>>     and thus fails its test suite on my system, and the test suite of
>>     guile-2.2.3 hung up (no output or CPU usage for 30 minutes with a
>>     defunct guile process) on my x86_64 GuixSD system.
>
> Many file system related tests fail on Btrfs.  :-/

I've resumed an old discussion about the GNU Tar issue here:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-tar/2018-01/msg00002.html

The good news is that Paul Eggert, a GNU Tar maintainer, is open to
letting me fix this bug properly.

> As for the Guile failure, it’s weird.  Could you gather more info if it
> happens again?

I just filed a report with the information I gathered, here:

   https://bugs.gnu.org/30027

I neglected to mention it, but I also saved the failed build directory,
and the complete build log.

      Mark