Subject: Re: bug#30022: gnus nnimap-sequence vs yahoo hang

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 23:01:21 +0200

Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]> writes:

> With the gnus included in recent debian packaged i386 emacs 25.2, in the
> Group buffer, an M-g to get count of messages of a foreign imap group at
> imap.mail.yahoo.com hangs.  If C-g to stop then a second M-g succeeds.
>
> Sticking in some protocol trace showed
>
>     out >> 1 CAPABILITY
>     out >> 1 LOGIN "username" "password"

Hm, that looks wrong.  nnimap should be increasing the sequence
number...

When I switch nnimap tracing on (by setting `nnimap-record-commands' to
t and looking in the " *imap log*" (note leading space) buffer, then I
get

1 LOGIN
2 CAPABILITY

which is what I'd expect.

Could you include the data from the logging buffer?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no