Subject: Re: bug#30022: gnus nnimap-sequence vs yahoo hang

From: Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 18:50:22 +1000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> When I switch nnimap tracing on (by setting `nnimap-record-commands' to
> t and looking in the " *imap log*" (note leading space) buffer, then I
> get
>
> 1 LOGIN
> 2 CAPABILITY

Yes, I see similar

    18:16:44 [imap.mail.yahoo.com] (inhibited)
    18:16:44 [imap.mail.yahoo.com] 2 CAPABILITY^M
    18:16:50 [imap.mail.yahoo.com] 3 SELECT "INBOX"^M

But I think this does not include output of open-protocol-stream
:capability-command "1 CAPABILITY" (in nnimap-open-connection-1).

I saw my trace by putting a front-end on gnutls-cli to print data sent
and received.

Could show :capability-command in *imap log* for completeness, since
it's a command sent.  That plus less inhibiting the login command could
have hinted at the problem.