Subject: Re: bug#30019: 26.0.90; Invalid specification of parent-frame with desktop-read

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 17:53:05 +0200

> Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 11:20:48 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> 
>  >> When you put a breakpoint at the last line I suppose it's the
>  >> FRAME_X_P (p) call that failed. Can you confirm that?
>  >
>  > Confirmed, it was FRAME_X_P (p) that came back false.
> 
> In practice this means that with desktop in use I have to install some
> sort of hook or timer that triggers when the parent frame has been
> mapped and reparent the (until then probably hidden and not yet
> parented) child frame.

I don't think I understand why you need this.  I thought you said that
we only need an X window when the minibuffer becomes active, or did I
misunderstand?  If I did understand correctly, then this problem
sounds like something that should be worked around by avoiding the
error, not something that needs to be fixed.  The parent frame will be
eventually mapped, most probably much sooner than the user uses the
minibuffer for the first time.  Right?