Subject: Re: [bug#29970] [PATCH 2/4] gnu: Add libnsl.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2018 22:41:29 +0100

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/onc-rpc.scm (libnsl): New variable.

[...]

> +    (description "Libnsl is the public client interface for the Network
> +Information Service / Yellow Pages (NIS/YP) and NIS+.  It includes IPv6
> +support.  This code was part of glibc < 2.26, but is still required by
> +some applications.  Building glibc with '--enable-obsolete-nsl' will
> +cause the libnsl headers and NIS+ name service modules to be included in
> +glibc.")

I'm not sure if mentioning this historical artifact is necessary, but no
strong opinion.

> +    (home-page "https://github.com/thkukuk/libnsl")
> +    (license lgpl2.1+)))

Some files are explicitly LGPL2.1 only, so I wonder if we should
conservatively go with that, and mention that the files under nisplus/
are LGPL2.1+ in a comment.  WDYT?

Please also mention that the code in rpcsvc/ is BSD-3.

Apart from that LGTM, thanks!