Subject: Re: [bug#29951] [PATCH] WIP guix: Add wrap-script.

From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2018 01:37:51 -0700

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for taking the time to explain it!

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> [...]  This line:
>
> #\-(begin (let …) …)
>
> is really just two Scheme values: a single arbitrary character and the
> S-expression that we care about.  We only care about the side-effects of
> evaluating the S-expression.

I understand now.  We're reading the hyphen symbol, and not doing
anything with it.  Got it!

> The advantage of this approach is: we don’t have to rename wrapped
> scripts any more (“.foo-real”), which makes for prettier usage messages
> (“Usage: foo -v” instead of “Usage: .foo-real -v”) and avoids problems
> when an application checks its own name to determine what actions it
> should take.

Sounds great!

-- 
Chris