Subject: Re: [PATCH] WIP guix: Add wrap-script.

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 11:06:35 +0100

Am 05.01.2018 um 09:19 schrieb Ricardo Wurmus:

Thanks for your reply.

>> Does this take care of proper quoting the string-values?
> What string values do you refer to?  We first generate an S-expression
> (where we don’t need to take care of escaping things anyway) and then
> format it as a string (with “format” and the “~s” format string), and
> then we print that S-expression-as-a-string into a file.

I mean the values of the environment variables to be set, whcih might
contain double-quotes or backslashes.

But I understand that these values are calculated within guile anyway
and ~s takes care of proper quoting. So this is fine. Thanks for
elaborating.

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |