Subject: [bug#29943] [PATCH] doc: Describe Wayland status.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2018 21:40:22 +0100

ng0 <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès transcribed 1.3K bytes:

[...]

>> s/X11/the Xorg display server/ (in an attempt not to assume a too
>> technical audience.)
>> 
>> Also, please always put two spaces after an end-of-sentence period, to
>> ensure proper rendering.
>
> Under which conditions does this result in non-proper rendering?
> It's certainly not a Tex issue from what I can tell. So far I assumed it's just a convention
> because in some countries this is the default and in some not.
> I think we have a very short explanation in the Manual, but this never really
> explained why or what could go wrong. Maybe we could extend that.

It’s a convention notably followed by Emacs’s ‘forward-sentence’
function, and also a Texinfo thing (info "(texinfo) Not Ending a
Sentence").

Hmm actually the Texinfo manual now suggests the opposite (i.e., that it
needs help only for non-end-of-sentence spacing), but I wonder if it’s
accurate.

Ludo’.