Subject: Re: bug#29940: Acknowledgement (guile-2.2.3 does not work pax mprotect)

From: Thomas Klausner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 11:42:22 +0100

The attached patch is a workaround: we can mark the guile binary to
not use the PAX mprotect feature using paxctl +m. On Linux, paxctl has
different flags, so I wrapped it in an "if", and it uses knowledge of
libtool internals, so it is not a good idea to integrate this patch
as-is.

Better would be of course to make guile work with PAX mprotect.
 Thomas
$NetBSD: patch-libguile_Makefile.in,v 1.1 2018/01/08 10:39:45 wiz Exp $

Fix build on NetBSD>=8.

--- libguile/Makefile.in.orig	2017-11-06 09:12:56.000000000 +0000
+++ libguile/Makefile.in
@@ -2444,6 +2444,8 @@ clean-noinstPROGRAMS:
 guile$(EXEEXT): $(guile_OBJECTS) $(guile_DEPENDENCIES) $(EXTRA_guile_DEPENDENCIES) 
 	@rm -f guile$(EXEEXT)
 	$(AM_V_CCLD)$(guile_LINK) $(guile_OBJECTS) $(guile_LDADD) $(LIBS)
+	if [ `uname -s` = "NetBSD" ]; then paxctl +m .libs/guile$(EXEEXT); fi
+
 install-binSCRIPTS: $(bin_SCRIPTS)
 	@$(NORMAL_INSTALL)
 	@list='$(bin_SCRIPTS)'; test -n "$(bindir)" || list=; \