Subject: Re: bug#29908: 25.3; Rendering issue for GUI when running as daemon

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 10:25:26 +0200

> From: "Rob Shin" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 06:46:42 +0100
> 
> I have emacs daemon running,
> 
> and running emacsclient -c or emacsclient -nc grants rendering issues that I'm not really sure how it's being
> generated.
> 
> A screenshot of the bug can be viewed at https://imgur.com/a/dpKcV

Looking at that image, I cannot understand what is the problem.  Can
you describe it, or post a more clear image?

In general, if you have many GUI-related customizations in your
~/.emacs or other init files, the daemon may not do with them what you
want, because when the daemon starts, there's no GU frame and the GUI
infrastructure is therefore not initialized.  You need to move such
initializations into an after-make-frame-functions hook or some such.
Does this explain what you see?