Subject: bug#29890: closed (Re: bug#29890: guix package --search broken due to texinfo error)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 13:15:02 +0000

Your bug report

#29890: guix package --search broken due to texinfo error

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
29890: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29890
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#29890: guix package --search broken due to texinfo error
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: Jelle Licht <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 14:14:52 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Jelle Licht <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> since d596fea5fd (gnu: Add ledger-agent), I believe that searching packages
> on the command line user either `guix package -s <x>'  or `guix package
> --search=<x>' is broken. I believe something is going wrong with the
> description field of the ledger-agent package, as I can see a stacktrace
> shows some texinfo parser problem regarding the use of "--connect" in the
> ledger-agent package.

Hello!  I just fixed this in
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=5859fd6c9ec14152cc2f342480ff45e29607eebc>.

Subject: guix package --search broken due to texinfo error
From: Jelle Licht <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 14:05:30 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello all,

since d596fea5fd (gnu: Add ledger-agent), I believe that searching packages
on the command line user either `guix package -s <x>'  or `guix package
--search=<x>' is broken. I believe something is going wrong with the
description field of the ledger-agent package, as I can see a stacktrace
shows some texinfo parser problem regarding the use of "--connect" in the
ledger-agent package.

Kind regards,
Jelle