Subject: Re: bug#29889: 27.0.50; Slow visual selection

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 13:16:42 +0200

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I think for the new setting we're discussing, then that `C-f' should not
>> alter the selection (just like `open' doesn't today with the selections
>> it chooses).  That is, `C-x h' would say "put all of this in the
>> selection", just like `C-a' in Firefox does.
>
> But Firefox only says "own the selection", and transfers the contents of
> whatever happens to be highlighted at the time of a selection request.
>
> So if you move the highlighted area (with the moral equivalent of C-f),
> requestors will get the contents of the new area.

What's the equivalent of `C-f' in Firefox in this situation?  If you
mean "adjusting the area with the mouse", then that's already covered by
the definition of `only'.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no