Subject: bug#29889: 27.0.50; Slow visual selection

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 15:13:33 +0300

> From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 19:47:10 +0800
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > "M-h M-w" is the equivalent of "Select All" followed by Ctrl-C.  M-h
> > alone is the equivalent of just "Select All".  Aren't there programs
> > that set the primary selection when the user performs "Select All"?
> 
> If you mean code in Emacs, then it's the current default value of
> `select-active-regions'.  Otherwise, no, not that I know of.

Sorry, I don't understand the question.  I asked specifically about
other applications, where the user can do "Select All" to select the
text of an entire document -- does this set the primary selection in
those other applications?  If not, then I think your objection to use
'only' is not valid, because we aren't doing anything that the users
won't expect.