Subject: bug#29889: 27.0.50; Slow visual selection

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 13:52:07 +0200

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

>> (Sometimes even that doesn't make things end up on the clipboard, and
>> you have to type Cmd-C or the like.)
>>
>> `M-h M-w' is the expected way to put the paragraph on the clipboard in
>> Emacs.
>
> You're mistaking the clipboard for the primary selection.

Yes, quite likely.  I was actually thinking about how things work on
Macos for a second -- if you mark text in a program there, it doesn't
seem to do anything inter-program (in my limited experience).  You have
to `Cmd-C' for it to happen.

But I guess Macos doesn't have a primary selection concept.

So perhaps the t value here is the one that makes most sense -- but it
should be more efficient, as you sketched in a previous message.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no