Subject: Re: bug#29859: 25.3; MozRepl support is/will be no longer useful

From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 02:33:48 +1200

On 13/08/20 2:13 am, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> Phil Sainty <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Mozilla's own applications may have changed direction, but there
>> is supported software from elsewhere that is based on the XUL
>> technologies, which might still be able to use MozRepl.
> 
> Do we know of any examples of this?

The Pale Moon web browser would be my first guess.

https://www.palemoon.org/

Related to that project are the Unified XUL Platform (UXP), and
another (less mature) web browser project, Basilisk.
http://www.basilisk-browser.org/

(There may be other XUL browser/application forks around too;
these are just the ones I'm familiar with.)

Pale Moon is certainly actively supported, so if MozRepl works
with that (or any of the above) then I would expect it to remain
relevant for quite a long time.