Subject: [bug#29849] [PATCH] gnu: python-pillow: Fix test failures on i686-linux and armhf-linux.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 13:57:37 -0500

On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 12:04:41PM -0500, Kei Kebreau wrote:
> * gnu/packages/patches/python-pillow-fix-failing-tests.patch: New file.
> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Add it.
> * gnu/packages/python.scm (python-pillow)[source]: Use it.

Thanks for taking the time to prepare this patch!

> diff --git a/gnu/packages/patches/python-pillow-fix-failing-tests.patch b/gnu/packages/patches/python-pillow-fix-failing-tests.patch
> new file mode 100644
> index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..df99b0db3500f7317aa8c19a9edb91db0123855b
> GIT binary patch
> literal 112346
> zcmeFa4SZEco&P`Q@K9Q@r4MRq5pHW$YJrA_mbAqZ3bbXVfQ8mptDF!Lhz%qqKtoI6
> zl7!~~>62EiirQ7wx}tWqYSpWBDX!RMw{@3wT^pDF-0m*x#<jZ}S1kYc=iKwXoE&nK

[...]

Mutt is rendering the patch in a totally opaque way (as above) but it
looks more like a "regular" patch after I apply it to the Guix source
tree (copied below for reference).

Please add a link to the specific GitHub pull request / comment / commit
that is the source of this patch. Then it should be okay to push, as
long as Pillow still builds for you.

------
This patch fixes https://github.com/python-pillow/Pillow/issues/2758, which
was causing test failures on i686-linux and armhf-linux.

From 7a5d215022903151971df85e1ce947af42803c5b Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Eric Soroos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 11:11:38 +0000
Subject: [PATCH] Remove Adobe Helvetica screen font, update Pcf font tests
 using freely available font

---
 Tests/fonts/10x20-ISO8859-1.pcf       | Bin 0 -> 25860 bytes
 Tests/fonts/LICENSE.txt               |   7 +++++++
 Tests/fonts/helvO18.pcf               | Bin 78412 -> 0 bytes
 Tests/images/high_ascii_chars.png     | Bin 1457 -> 1286 bytes
 Tests/images/test_draw_pbm_target.png | Bin 0 -> 259 bytes
 Tests/test_font_pcf.py                |  28 +++++++++++++++-------------
 6 files changed, 22 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Tests/fonts/10x20-ISO8859-1.pcf
 delete mode 100644 Tests/fonts/helvO18.pcf
 create mode 100644 Tests/images/test_draw_pbm_target.png

diff -ur -a --new-file b/Tests/fonts/10x20-ISO8859-1.pcf a/Tests/fonts/10x20-ISO8859-1.pcf
--- b/Tests/fonts/10x20-ISO8859-1.pcf   1969-12-31 19:00:00.000000000 -0500
+++ a/Tests/fonts/10x20-ISO8859-1.pcf   2017-12-25 11:47:00.328290016 -0500
[...]
------