Subject: Re: bug#29843: 25.3; Emacs crash when running emacsclient

From: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 17:41:14 -0800

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Zero means w->contents is nil, which means this window is not a live
> window.  But I don't understand how that could happen, since that's
> supposed to be the selected window.
> 
> Did Emacs do something in the background when this happened?  Some
> timer or perhaps some process filter or sentinel?  Or maybe some hook
> that runs when a client frame opens?  Otherwise I don't understand how
> come that window got deleted.

I don't think I have any hooks that would run when the client frame
opens.

I didn't notice anything going on in the background.  I probably had an
asynchronous shell command running ("tail -f /var/log/syslog"), though I
don't understand why that could cause a window to be deleted.

If something like this happens again, I'll look more closely at what
Emacs might have been doing at the time of the crash.

thanks,
mike