Subject: Re: [bug#29836] [PATCH] Add The Butterfly Effect (tbe)

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 14:54:38 -0500

On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 04:11:20PM +0100, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> This patch adds The Butterfly Effect game.

Cool!

> +(define-public tbe
> +  (package
> +    (name "tbe")

How about calling it the-butterfly-effect, which I think is more clear?

> +    (inputs
> +     `(("gettext-minimal" ,gettext-minimal)
> +       ("qtbase" ,qtbase)
> +       ("qtsvg" ,qtsvg)
> +       ("qtxmlpatternn" ,qtxmlpatterns)))
> +    (native-inputs
> +     `(("cmake" ,cmake)
> +       ("qttools" ,qttools)))

gettext-minimal can be a native-input.

qtxmlpatterns doesn't seem to be used. At least, it's not referenced by
the built package:

$ guix gc --references $(./pre-inst-env guix build tbe)
/gnu/store/14gzwy1hyzyqnrdwcfcnpvm0wl0v7bs6-qtsvg-5.9.3
/gnu/store/3x53yv4v144c9xp02rs64z7j597kkqax-gcc-5.4.0-lib
/gnu/store/jzh36z7bvwkv363xjmxsp5vvlaa7ajf0-qtbase-5.9.3
/gnu/store/n6nvxlk2j8ysffjh3jphn1k5silnakh6-glibc-2.25
/gnu/store/pmgb6kgwpci0iv06v0pq190048i258rm-the-butterfly-effect-0.9.3.1