Subject: bug#29823: NS port tooltip colours

From: [email-masked] (Charles A. Roelli)
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2018 21:57:32 +0100

> Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2017 11:21:29 +0000
> From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
> 
> The NS port doesn’t support customising tooltips as described in the
> Emacs manual. I’ve attached a patch that allows you to customise the
> background and foreground colours.
> 
> It may be better to try using the existing frame code to generate the
> tooltips as they would then support all parameters, but I’m not sure
> how to go about doing that.
> -- 
> Alan Third

Looks good to me.  Thanks for adding this feature.

It looks like using the existing frame code to generate tooltips would
involve rewriting "x-show-tip" in nsfns.m to make it pop up a frame
instead of a native tooltip.  Could that not be done using the "child
frame" functionality (or some subset of it) that you've already added?

And by the way, do you know how this bug was tagged as "minor"?  It
seems like a lot of bugs get that designation, and it's not clear
whether the submitter chooses to do that or if it is somehow done
automatically.