Subject: [bug#29820] [PATCH] services: cgit: Add more configuration fields.

From: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 10:34:44 +0100

Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]> writes:

> OK.  Also I see in cgit README [1], they use “cgit” even in titles.
>
> On the other hand it feels wrong to me, because it's a name of the
> program, like Guile, Guix, Linux or Emacs.  It might be better to stick
> to that convention for readability (e.g. not ‘cgit’ as a command or a
> file name, but as a project name “Cgit”).  And because of we rename even
> configuration options like ‘scan-path’, it's OK to force the
> capitalization also.  WDYT?

Our convention is to follow upstream convention.  Guile, Linux, Emacs
are all capitalized upsteam, which is why they are capitalized in Guix
documentation.  It's up to the upstream project to choose.

Plus, cgit seems to pay a lot of attention to it.  See, the title is:
    cgit - CGI for Git
And then:
    Building cgit involves building a proper version of Git.

Clearly they acknowledge that Git is capitalized (because upstream
decided so), but cgit is not.

So I think we should not capitalize it :-)