Subject: bug#29812: closed (Re: [PATCH] Ignore escape characters for context-sensitive quotes (Bug#29812))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 12:55:02 +0000

Your bug report

#29812: 27.0.50; electric-quote-replace-double misbehaves in Lisp strings

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
29812: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29812
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [PATCH] Ignore escape characters for context-sensitive quotes (Bug#29812)
From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 12:54:35 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]> schrieb am So., 31. Dez. 2017 um
17:51 Uhr:

> * lisp/electric.el (electric-quote-post-self-insert-function): Skip
> over escape characters when determining whether a context-sensitive
> quote should be opening or closing.
>
> * test/lisp/electric-tests.el
> (electric-quote-replace-double-escaped-open)
> (electric-quote-replace-double-escaped-close): New unit tests.
>

No comments, so I've pushed this to master as 6735df4443.

Subject: 27.0.50; electric-quote-replace-double misbehaves in Lisp strings
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 15:40:36 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

To reproduce:

  emacs -Q
  M-x electric-quote-mode RET
  M-x set-variable RET electric-quote-replace-double RET t RET

Type:

  "foo \"foo\""

You get this in the buffer:

  "foo \”foo\”"

I expected "foo \“foo\”" instead.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 56, i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2017-12-22 built on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: b003171d27dfa4f0a5e6f8d9eb632b1930748e95
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...
Electric-Quote mode enabled
You can run the command ‘electric-quote-mode’ with M-x e-q-m RET
Electric-Quote mode enabled
Scanning for dabbrevs...done
user-error: No dynamic expansion for ‘Electric-quote-rep’ found
Scanning for dabbrevs...done
user-error: No dynamic expansion for ‘Electric-quote-replace-d’ found

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/d/usr --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --with-wide-int
 --with-modules --enable-check-lisp-object-type 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4
 -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES JSON LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr dabbrev emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cus-edit wid-edit thingatpt help-fns
radix-tree help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs cl-lib cus-start cus-load
elec-pair time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win
w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 122305 12056)
 (symbols 56 22916 1)
 (miscs 48 43 120)
 (strings 16 35784 2142)
 (string-bytes 1 868306)
 (vectors 16 15963)
 (vector-slots 8 742591 12998)
 (floats 8 66 193)
 (intervals 40 317 128)
 (buffers 880 12))