Subject: bug#29785: [PATCH] Implement separate eww history

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 18:17:02 +0200

> From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 12:56:53 +0100
> 
> +@vindex eww-separate-history
> +@cindex eww
> +  If you want to keep the history of URI's you've opened separate from
> +the default minibuffer history, set @code{eww-separate-history} to
> +@code{t}

Why should EWW usurp the history of URLs?  If we are going to provide
a history of URLs, it should be common to EWW and browse-url at least,
I think, and perhaps other commands that prompt for URL, if there are
such commands.

> ++++
> +*** The new user variable 'eww-separate-history' causes eww to use a
> +separate minibuffer history if non-nil

Period at the end of a sentence, and also EWW should be capitalized, I
think.

Btw, I see lately some kind of tendency to write long multi-line
sentences at the beginning of NEWS entries.  This is the opposite of
what we should try doing: NEWS is visited in Outline mode, so we
should facilitate that by having short headers, to allow users hide
the text of the entry.

Thanks.