Subject: 27.0.50; It must be possible to suspend all timers

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 16:31:23 +0100

In Tramp's start-file-process implementations, there are code segments
which must be guaranteed not to be interrupted by timers. Tramp
implements this as

(let (timer-list timer-idle-list) ...)

but this is just a hack. Inside these code segments, it must still be
possible for Tramp to activate own timers, in order to handle process
output from remote side robustly.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 41, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.25)
 of 2017-12-16 built on detlef
Repository revision: f63d9f86b5688ac84ec6e7eecdbb6cac103dbcf2
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11905000
System Description: Ubuntu 17.10

Recent messages:
Opening nntp server on news...done
Opening connection to imap.gmx.net via tls...
Opening connection to imap.gmx.net...done
Opening connection to outlook.office365.com via tls...
Reading active file via nnml...
Reading incoming mail from pop...
nnml: Reading incoming mail (no new mail)...done
Reading active file via nnml...done
Reading active file via nndraft...done
Checking new news...done

Configured using:
 'configure --with-file-notification=inotify'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  erc-notify-mode: t
  erc-notifications-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-org hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.14/debbugs-org
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-gnu hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.14/debbugs-gnu
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.14/debbugs
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-autoloads hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.14/debbugs-autoloads
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-pkg hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.14/debbugs-pkg
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-browse hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.14/debbugs-browse
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/tramp-theme/tramp-theme hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-theme-0.2/tramp-theme
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/tramp-theme/tramp-theme-autoloads hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-theme-0.2/tramp-theme-autoloads
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/tramp-theme/tramp-theme-pkg hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-theme-0.2/tramp-theme-pkg
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/telepathy-20131209.458/telepathy hides ~/lisp/telepathy
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-smb hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-smb
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-uu hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-uu
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-adb hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-adb
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-archive hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-archive
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cmds hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-cmds
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cache hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-cache
~/src/tramp/lisp/trampver hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/net/trampver
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-ftp hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-ftp
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sh hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-sh
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-loaddefs hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-loaddefs
~/lisp/dbus hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/net/dbus
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gvfs hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-gvfs
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-compat hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-compat

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr warnings emacsbug pop3 utf-7 nndraft nnmh nnml
network-stream nsm starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
mailcap gnus-cache gnus-sum time-stamp nnnil smtpmail sendmail
gnus-demon nntp gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit elec-pair erc-notify erc-networks
erc-desktop-notifications erc-match notifications dbus xml erc-goodies
erc erc-backend erc-compat thingatpt pp erc-loaddefs cperl-mode
tramp-theme em-dirs esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc
esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util finder-inf rx
docker-tramp tramp-cache slime-autoloads vagrant-tramp dash term
disp-table ehelp info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
url-vars time tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
ucs-normalize shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time
format-spec advice auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache ido seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cconv jka-compr icomplete paren vc cl-loaddefs cl-lib vc-dispatcher
dired dired-loaddefs time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 441838 21208)
 (symbols 48 40807 7)
 (miscs 40 76 245)
 (strings 32 102294 5183)
 (string-bytes 1 3103750)
 (vectors 16 59999)
 (vector-slots 8 1042537 16452)
 (floats 8 259 295)
 (intervals 56 361 0)
 (buffers 992 23))