Subject: bug#29735: 27.0.50; It must be possible to suspend all timers

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 17:24:35 +0200

> From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 10:08:01 +0100
> 
> When another asynchronous process is needed, for example due to the call
> of `start-file-process', Tramp starts that asynchronous process calling
> ssh (for example). After that, initialization happens, including
> password handling, setting the remote shell, cd'ing to the working
> directory, calling the indicated command, and so on. During that time,
> Tramp is instructed to use another process buffer. See for example
> `tramp-sh-handle-start-file-process', where you find the lines
> 
>       ;; Set the new process properties.
>       (tramp-set-connection-property v "process-name" name)
>       (tramp-set-connection-property v "process-buffer" buffer)

Not sure I follow: are you changing process-buffer of a process, or do
you have more than one process sharing the same process-buffer?  Or
something else?

I guess I don't know how to interpret "Tramp is instructed to use
another process buffer".  Who in this context is "Tramp", if there are
multiple async processes involved, each one with its own buffer?