Subject: Re: bug#29726: 25.1; SIGSEGV in find-file

From: Marc Munro <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 12:44:32 -0800

On Sat, 2017-12-16 at 22:07 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Marc Munro <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> > Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 11:43:08 -0800
> > 
> > > doesn't pop up a completions frame, but instead shows this in the
> > > mininbufer:
> > > 
> > >   DISPLAY BUFFER ACTOR *Backtrace* nil
> > 

Oooh.  I just re-read this.  And although this a debug message, it's
not the same as the one's that I get.  What appears to be failing for
you, is the debugger being invoked.  I guess that's failing because of
my code.

Replacing the "unless" at the start of k-frame::display-buffer-actor
with the following may allow the backtrace to be shown:

(unless (string= (buffer-name buffer) "*Backtrace*")

My guess is that whatever version you are using is resistant to the
crash and instead reports on whatever stupid thing I have done.

__
Marc