Subject: bug#29716: 25.1; Wrong brackground-mode on gnome-terminal

From: semente <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 19:43:48 -0200

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of 
up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgment at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from 'emacs -Q':

On gnome-terminal 3.22.2 (Debian Stretch), for some reason, Emacs 
is
setting the background-mode to light when I'm running a dark
background. On xterm or ttys it works fine.

The only way I found to fix this is by forcing a dark mode, as for
example:

  (setq frame-background-mode 'dark)
  (set-background-color "black")
  (set-foreground-color "white")

Thanks,
semente

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb 
debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    'bt full' and 'xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/25.1/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
 of 2017-09-15, modified by Debian built on trouble
System Description:     Debian GNU/Linux 9.3 (stretch)

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp:/usr/loca\
l/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp:/usr/loca\
l/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
--with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs25-wN2qS3/emacs25-25.1+1=. -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF 
GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT 
ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 
mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode 
mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader 
sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils term/xterm xterm
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook 
vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd 
fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode 
lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select 
scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame 
cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak 
czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table 
epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties 
overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify 
dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit 
x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 91298 7489)
 (symbols 48 19941 0)
 (miscs 40 46 172)
 (strings 32 14764 4115)
 (string-bytes 1 415527)
 (vectors 16 9779)
 (vector-slots 8 386436 16291)
 (floats 8 166 523)
 (intervals 56 251 0)
 (buffers 976 20))