Subject: bug#29684: exception printers - request for improvement

From: David Pirotte <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 16:31:23 -0300

Hi Ludovic,

> > It is perfectly fine, on the opposite side, to ask advanced scheme users (who
> > would want to, but I really don't see the point) configure guile s the repl and
> > the exception printer so it tries to print the full content of huge lsts,
> > vectors, arrays ...  

> Perhaps you could arrange to set the REPL’s ‘print’ option right from
> one of the Guile-OpenCV modules?  I mean the configuration you mention
> have doesn’t have to be done manually by users.

I'll do that yes, since I failed to convince you it you be a better default for all
of us, not just Guile-CV :)

I hope I can also do that wrt exceptions in an easy way too, I did not look with care
to what you suggested, since I thought what Daniel offered was a better approach and
that it would be included one way or another in 2.2.4 ... let's see what I can cook
with set-exception-printer! then :)

Thanks,
David

Note that, for info, I named the project Guile-CV, not to refer to existing libs,
and currently, it does not use Open-CV :) - which doesn't have a maintained C
wrapper :(, but it would be nice to be able to use it 'from Guile-CV', ... one day
maybe ...