Subject: bug#29680: another grep-find anomalous behaviour

From: Donald H Locker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 07:25:33 -0500

-*- mode: grep; default-directory: 
"c:/workingSVN/2017-08-21-xxxxx-v2g-test-model/Model_withEVSE/" -*-
Grep started at Fri Dec 15 07:12:23

find . -type f -name '*.log' -exec grep -nHE 'CurrentDemand' {} \;
/usr/bin/find: paths must precede expression
Usage: /usr/bin/find [path...] [expression]

Grep exited abnormally with code 1 at Fri Dec 15 07:12:23

######### from the next higher directory - works as expected #########

-*- mode: grep; default-directory: 
"c:/workingSVN/2017-08-21-xxxxx-v2g-test-model/" -*-
Grep started at Fri Dec 15 07:12:23

find . -type f -name '*.log' -exec grep -nHE 'CurrentDemand' {} \;
[lines found] ...
Grep finished (matches found) at Fri Dec 15 07:20:57

######### notes ##########

Command (copied and pasted from the emacs grep buffer) works correctly 
from bash (cygwin-64, mintty) in either of those directories.

GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
  of 2015-04-11 on LEG570
Windows-7, 64-bit, patched up-to-date

Donald.
-- 
*Plain Text* email -- it's an accessibility issue
() no proprietary attachments; no html mail
/\ <http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil.shtml>