Subject: [bug#29678] [PATCH] gnu: qemu: Add pulseaudio support.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 12:30:22 +0100

Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> "Marius" == Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>     > I see pulseaudio is already in Qemus closure, I used `guix size
>     > qemu | grep pulseaudio`.  However "qemu-minimal" does not include
>     > pulseaudio, which increases the size by about 25%.  Can you drop
>     > the input from qemu-minimal at the same time?
>
> For some unknown to me reason, “qemu-minimal” closure doesn't contain
> “pulseaudio” according to my investigation:
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> $ ./pre-inst-env guix size qemu-minimal
> store item                                                       total    self
> /gnu/store/30sahk57a45xx205n7mmv3xcpch51g08-qemu-minimal-2.10.2    185.3    66.6  35.9%
> /gnu/store/n6nvxlk2j8ysffjh3jphn1k5silnakh6-glibc-2.25              38.5    37.1  20.0%
> /gnu/store/3x53yv4v144c9xp02rs64z7j597kkqax-gcc-5.4.0-lib           68.6    30.1  16.2%
> /gnu/store/azbfh3i72lbaqvhgg5m7p6ymmqq0ii6q-glib-2.52.3            111.9    13.8   7.5%
> /gnu/store/zbywrj6klakskj0sppq56viqh9l56jl0-util-linux-2.30.1       87.7    12.1   6.5%
> /gnu/store/09j7scnl3hahcmql986fsjpzj6gqsmzv-ncurses-6.0             74.3     5.7   3.1%
> /gnu/store/b7y66db86k57vbb03nr4bfn9svmks4gf-bash-4.4.12             81.0     5.4   2.9%
> /gnu/store/an52j0jrvd23qypbidd5f20k2wi75vh9-pcre-8.40               72.1     3.4   1.9%
> /gnu/store/2p1ljs69x19v11r0rgqh7k3v6ggfqizq-libjpeg-turbo-1.5.3     72.0     3.4   1.8%
> /gnu/store/w8kii3hjvmh50yxs52gkdywkq9jc7s19-pixman-0.34.0           70.2     1.6   0.9%
> /gnu/store/zhrajv6qf2hzn9c3g2bb07559hyrz5xp-bash-static-4.4.12       1.4     1.4   0.8%
> /gnu/store/mipizipnr4y2hly9b429j8id1albbgqi-readline-7.0            75.6     1.3   0.7%
> /gnu/store/kpxi8h3669afr9r1bgvaf9ij3y4wdyyn-bash-minimal-4.4.12     39.5     1.0   0.5%
> /gnu/store/vdqy6r4g7357nsjjh4d1gfqj9hhw1vk8-libseccomp-2.3.2        69.5     0.8   0.5%
> /gnu/store/b9ww6qv1ii9v6n45kin7543vkf6jfnd3-libpng-1.6.29           70.8     0.8   0.4%
> /gnu/store/sfx1wh27i6gsrk21p87rdyikc64v7d51-zlib-1.2.11             69.0     0.4   0.2%
> /gnu/store/jnbb8ffxxvrw2b4z18zn0g08kqk9rsgl-libffi-3.2.1            68.8     0.1   0.1%
> /gnu/store/hxn2viwl04nwswpjkfg0iyyhm815yaza-libcap-2.25             68.8     0.1   0.1%
> /gnu/store/fq4zk6aqrgim67aiqri37vbbk4gdkfny-libaio-0.3.110           0.0     0.0   0.0%
> total: 185.3 MiB
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> I could assume because “(package-arguments qemu-minimal)” shows a
> totally different “#:configure-flags” than “(package-arguments qemu)”.
> Particularly doesn't contain “--audio-drv-list=alsa,pa,sdl”.

Oh, ok.  That's great.  Let's still drop it from the inputs of
qemu-minimal so it doesn't accidentally end up getting referenced in the
future.  The patch LGTM with that change.

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks!