Subject: bug#29674: closed (Re: bug#29674: Ceph creates Btrfs subvolumes on Btrfs during tests.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 14:30:03 +0000

Your bug report

#29674: Ceph creates Btrfs subvolumes on Btrfs during tests.

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
29674: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29674
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#29674: Ceph creates Btrfs subvolumes on Btrfs during tests.
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Rutger Helling <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 15:29:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Rutger Helling <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Thanks for all the replies. I've disabled the tests.

Thank you.  Remember to close the bug by emailing
[email-masked] as I did here.  :-)

Ludo’.

Subject: Ceph creates Btrfs subvolumes on Btrfs during tests.
From: Rutger Helling <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 11:28:41 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hey Guix,

I was surprised to learn that Ceph creates Btrfs subvolumes during its 
tests.
This is problematic because on Btrfs regular users can create 
subvolumes, but they cannot delete them.
This means I had to manually delete the following subvolumes as root:

ID 1744 gen 819598 top level 257 path 
tmp/guix-build-ceph-12.0.2.drv-0/td/t-7201/dev/osd0/current
ID 1745 gen 819598 top level 257 path 
tmp/guix-build-ceph-12.0.2.drv-0/td/t-7201/dev/osd0/snap_1
ID 1746 gen 819564 top level 257 path 
tmp/guix-build-ceph-12.0.2.drv-0/td/t-7201/dev/osd0/test_subvol
ID 1747 gen 819564 top level 257 path 
tmp/guix-build-ceph-12.0.2.drv-0/td/t-7201/dev/osd0/sync_snap_test
ID 1748 gen 819564 top level 257 path 
tmp/guix-build-ceph-12.0.2.drv-0/td/t-7201/dev/osd0/async_snap_test
ID 1749 gen 819598 top level 257 path 
tmp/guix-build-ceph-12.0.2.drv-0/td/t-7201/dev/osd1/current
ID 1750 gen 819598 top level 257 path 
tmp/guix-build-ceph-12.0.2.drv-0/td/t-7201/dev/osd1/snap_1
ID 1751 gen 819564 top level 257 path 
tmp/guix-build-ceph-12.0.2.drv-0/td/t-7201/dev/osd1/test_subvol
ID 1752 gen 819564 top level 257 path 
tmp/guix-build-ceph-12.0.2.drv-0/td/t-7201/dev/osd1/sync_snap_test
ID 1753 gen 819564 top level 257 path 
tmp/guix-build-ceph-12.0.2.drv-0/td/t-7201/dev/osd1/async_snap_test
ID 1754 gen 819598 top level 257 path 
tmp/guix-build-ceph-12.0.2.drv-0/td/t-7201/dev/osd2/current
ID 1755 gen 819598 top level 257 path 
tmp/guix-build-ceph-12.0.2.drv-0/td/t-7201/dev/osd2/snap_1
ID 1756 gen 819564 top level 257 path 
tmp/guix-build-ceph-12.0.2.drv-0/td/t-7201/dev/osd2/test_subvol
ID 1757 gen 819564 top level 257 path 
tmp/guix-build-ceph-12.0.2.drv-0/td/t-7201/dev/osd2/sync_snap_test
ID 1758 gen 819564 top level 257 path 
tmp/guix-build-ceph-12.0.2.drv-0/td/t-7201/dev/osd2/async_snap_test