Subject: bug#29674: Ceph creates Btrfs subvolumes on Btrfs during tests.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 16:58:11 +0100

Rutger Helling <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hey Guix,
>
> I was surprised to learn that Ceph creates Btrfs subvolumes during its 
> tests.
> This is problematic because on Btrfs regular users can create 
> subvolumes, but they cannot delete them.

Ugh.  My build machines do not use Btrfs so I hadn't noticed.  Will look
into disabling these tests.

Actually I'm tempted to just disable tests, since they are extremely
I/O intensive and some are flaky (about a 50% success rate on Hydra).
I've also been unable to update to the latest versions due to test suite
changes.

Maybe a system test is a decent compromise, although that will require
writing service definitions for the various daemons.  It's probably a
better use of our time than fighting the comprehensive test suite.

Do you intend to use Ceph on Guix, or is it for a dependent package?