Subject: bug#29638: Same five tests fail with 1.15 on RHEL 7.4

From: Dennis Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 11:01:05 -0500

The same five tests fail for automake 1.15 and 1.15.1 on RHEL 7.4. Also
the testsuite itself reports mysterious "Error 1" and "Error 2" upon
termination and that looks questionable :

============================================================================
Testsuite summary for GNU Automake 1.15
============================================================================
# TOTAL: 2693
# PASS:  2422
# SKIP:  226
# XFAIL: 40
# FAIL:  5
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
============================================================================
See ./test-suite.log
Please report to [email-masked]
============================================================================
gmake[2]: *** [Makefile:3027: test-suite.log] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory 
'/usr/local/build/automake-1.15_3.10.0-693.11.1.el7.x86_64.001'
gmake[1]: *** [Makefile:3135: check-TESTS] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory 
'/usr/local/build/automake-1.15_3.10.0-693.11.1.el7.x86_64.001'
gmake: *** [Makefile:3366: check-am] Error 2
admsys@sedna$

The five failed tests are :

FAIL: t/aclocal.sh
FAIL: t/automake-cmdline.tap 4 - list of options terminated by '--' (stderr)
FAIL: t/automake-cmdline.tap 17 - unambiguous incomplete long option
FAIL: t/maken3.sh
FAIL: t/maken3-w.sh

The test suite log is attached as 
test-suite_gnu_automake_1.15_rhel7.4_kern_3.10.0-693.11.1.el7.x86_64.log.xz

Dennis Clarke