Subject: bug#29614: 25.2; package.el upgrade problem

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 12:24:56 +0100

Live System User <[email-masked]> writes:

> 7. x             `package-menu-execute'
>    This time the upgrades are successful for the Gnu Elpa packages and
>    the obsolete Gnu Elpa packages are removed.
>
>    However, the obsolete Melpa package remains.
>
>    How does one deal with this situation with an unwanted obsolete
>    package?

(This bug report unfortunately didn't get any response at the time.)

If I've reading this bug report correctly, this was the point of the
matter?  If so, the answer is "use the `~' command to mark obsolete
packages for deletion".

Does this answer your question, or was there something else in this bug
report that needs a response?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no