Subject: Re: bug#29595: 26.0.90; menu items show incorrect shortcut keys

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 15:50:33 +0000

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 03:09:26PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 12:34:33 +0000
> > From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: Paul Rankin <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> > 
> > It seems that older macOS versions ignored keyboard shortcuts they
> > didn’t understand, but High Sierra appears to use a ‘best effort’
> > attempt which results in it just printing out the first character
> > (capital C for ctrl, so shift‐C).
> > 
> > I’ve attached a patch that I hope fixes it.
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> Will this patch work on both old and new versions of macOS?  I'd like
> to install this on the release branch, but I don't want to cause any
> regressions as result of that.

Yes. I’m still on the previous macOS version where I can’t see the bug
and it makes no difference here.

The current code relies on macOS ignoring a string it doesn’t
understand, however the documentation explicitly says to use an empty
string and the API hasn’t changed.
-- 
Alan Third