Subject: bug#29593: Bug #29593 Hunting: Broken links in the HTML manual

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 17:03:22 +0100

Hi Tobias,

My quick tests were really quick! ;-)

These links remains broken. Do you have any patch fixing them that you
forgot to push?
Or do I invest more time to propose a patch?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
simon

Same with the online "manual/devel".

- Package Management[1]:
  “The Emacs-Guix Reference Manual” is broken.
  It points to a URI with duplicate ‘/index.html’s.

This link [1b] is still broken.

[1]  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Package-Management.html
[1b] https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/emacs-guix/index.html#Top

Seems broken in Info too.

Related to Formatting Code [3].
  Similarly points to ‘index.html/Development.html’ when it should use
  only ‘Development.html’.

[3]  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Formatting-Code.html
[3b] https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/emacs-guix/Development.html#Development

contributing.texi:
@pxref{Development,,, emacs-guix, The Emacs-Guix Reference Manual}

- Using the Offload Facility[2]:
  “Converting keys” points to #Converting-keys, the target site uses
  #Converting%20keys. I don't know who's right. The page still loads
  so the user can navigate manually, but it would still be nice to fix.

The manual (texi entry: @pxref{Converting keys,,, lsh, LSH Manual}) points to
[2b] and the working link is [2c].

[2]  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Daemon-Offload-Setup.html
[2b] http://www.lysator.liu.se/~nisse/lsh/lsh.html#Converting-keys
[2c] http://www.lysator.liu.se/~nisse/lsh/lsh.html#Converting%20keys

How to fix it?

- Networking Services[4]:
  “lsh-make-seed” and “lshd basics” also use bad anchors, so the user
  has to search and scroll.

Idem as previous.

[4]  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Networking-Services.html
[4b] http://www.lysator.liu.se/~nisse/lsh/lsh.html#lsh_002dmake_002dsede
[4c] http://www.lysator.liu.se/~nisse/lsh/lsh.html#lshd%20basics

- The Perfect Setup[5]:
  “Introduction in the Geiser User Manual” is a broken link.

The entry is @pxref{Introduction,,, geiser, Geiser User Manual} which works in
Info but is broken online.

[5]  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/The-Perfect-Setup.html
[5b] https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/geiser/Introduction.html#Introduction
[5c] http://nongnu.org/geiser/geiser_1.html#Introduction

- Continuous Integration[6]:
  “Associations Lists in GNU Guile Reference Manual” is broken.
  It points inside the Guix manual, not Guile's.

The page [6] points to [6b] which is broken.

[6]  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Continuous-Integration.html
[6b] https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Associations-Lists.html#Associations-Lists

Is the link also broken with Info?

- Mapped Devices[7]:
  “Translators in The GNU Hurd Reference Manual” is broken.
  It points inside the Guix manual, not The Hurd's.

Idem as previous.

[7]  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Mapped-Devices.html
[7b] https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/hurd/Translators.html#Translators

- Documentation[8]:
  “Getting Started in Info: An Introduction” is broken.

Idem.

[8]  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Documentation.html
[8b] https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/info/Getting-Started.html#Getting-Started