Subject: [bug#29582] [PATCH] gnu: git-modes: Rename to 'emacs-git-modes'.

From: Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 10:51:24 -0500

Alex Kost <[email-masked]> writes:

> Kyle Meyer (2017-12-05 16:23 -0500) wrote:
>
>> Alex Kost <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> Hello, what about renaming 'git-modes' to 'emacs-git-modes' (similarly
>>> to 'emacs-paredit')?
>>
>> I'd like that.  Should magit and magit-svn also be converted to the
>> "emacs-" prefix?
>
> I don't know whether there is a strict policy to prefix all emacs
> packages.  But I would prefer to leave "magit" ("magit-svn" therefore)
> and "geiser" as they are now (without "emacs-" prefix).  For some reason
> it looks more natural to me :-)

Well, can't argue with looks :)

I prefer "emacs-" for consistency, but the practical reason I want it is
so that emacs-packages? recognizes magit.  That way, if I package some
magit extensions, I don't need to manually tweak the load path in their
package definitions (I think, at least; was looking at the issue a while
back).

Anyway, that's of course a minor "issue" and not necessarily a good
reason to prefix magit.  Your patch just reminded me.

-- 
Kyle