Subject: bug#29575: 25.3; Secret Service API treats labels as unique

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 11:35:54 +0200

Allen Li <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Allen,

> Thanks.  It doesn't look like there is a way to get the object path by
> searching attributes?  That means there's no way to get the object path for
> a secret added from a cooperating application (that may not have a unique
> label).  secrets-search-items returns labels.  Ideally there would be a
> variant of secrets-search-items that returned object paths.

Indeed. I've added the function `secrets-search-item-paths'.

> Also, the docstring for secrets-create-items now has this line which I
> think is misleading:
>
> The label ITEM must not be unique in COLLECTION.
>
> Should it be:
>
> The label ITEM does not have to be unique in COLLECTION.

Yes, sounds better. I've adapted the docstring.

All changes are pushed to master. Thanks for your feedback!

Best regards, Michael.