Subject: Re: bug#2957: 23.0.92; ucs-insert: Completion does not work correctly

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 22:39:07 -0400

> Yes, any normal character would get inserted (but not SPC). Sorry for
> the ambiguity.

Thanks.

> Also, I have to confess, I never noticed that partial completion
> inserted an extra space in the middle of "GREEK LETTER ALPHA" for me
> to type in CAPITAL/SMALL.

No need to confess.

> Stefan, I have emacs pretest 23.0.92.1, and could not apply your patch
> cleanly (~170 lines appear to have been added in your
> lisp/minibuffer.el before the first hunk, and the "string-match" was
> "string-match-p" in my version of minibuffer.el).  So, I applied the
> changes manually, but the original behavior persisted.  Emacs doesn't
> let me type a SPC (unless I use C-q SPC) after the partial input
> "GREEK LETTER ALPHA".  I will anyway try out the coming pretests.

Thanks for going through the trouble.
The file is precompiled, so you'd need to rebuild Emacs (or to use
M-C-x to reevaluate the definition) to see the difference.
I've installed my patch, so it should be fixed in the next pretest.
If not, please reopen the bug.

        Stefan