Subject: Re: bug#29565: [PATCH] Support xwidget webkit for macOS X

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:29:13 +0200

Alan Third <[email-masked]> writes:

> Is it building against Cocoa or GTK?
>
> I don't know if you maybe need to be explicit?
>
>     ./configure --with-ns --with-xwidgets

D'oh!

I tried first with just --with-xwidgets, and then it said I needed
gtk3.  But that was just because I had forgotten to rebuild the
configure script, apparently.

I've now done so, and ./configure --with-xwidgets works fine, and it
compiles without any problems, but with some extra warnings that I don't
think were there before, like:

Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSPasteboard.h:312:32: note: 
      'NSFilenamesPboardType' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
APPKIT_EXTERN NSPasteboardType NSFilenamesPboardType API_DEPRECATED("Cre...
                               ^
nsterm.m:8624:35: warning: 'NSURLPboardType' is deprecated: first deprecated in
      macOS 10.14 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
  else if ([type isEqualToString: NSURLPboardType])
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  NSPasteboardTypeURL

Or were these there before, too?  I did have some warnings before
applying the patch...

Anyway, it builds, and it seems to work well -- M-x
xwidget-webkit-browse-url seems to work fine.

So, tomorrow I'll look into the warnings and get this thing checked in
and pushed.

Thanks for the pointer to --with-ns.  :-)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no