Subject: bug#29565: [PATCH] Support xwidget webkit for macOS X

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 15:55:02 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> This work was continued by Sungbin Jo.  I believe that the latest code
> is here:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2019-07/msg00435.html
>
> There were some roadblocks to merging this.  See the following thread
> for a discussion:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2019-08/msg00033.html

If I understand this correctly, we're not merging Sungbin's patch
because gcc doesn't understand the "block" thing in Objective C
(yet)...  but gcc can't compile the Emacs trunk currently either, so
this isn't really a regression?

I may be misunderstanding -- I've only skimmed the two threads.

But if that's the case, this shouldn't really be something that hinders
inclusion of Sungbin's patch anyway.  Especially since the xwidget stuff
is an optional feature.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no