Subject: bug#29565: [PATCH] Support xwidget webkit for macOS X

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 12:44:34 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I think the intention is to signal an error if rel_pos is anything other
>> than -1, 0 or 1...
>
> In that case, just call args_out_of_range_3 by hand, after testing
> that the value is within bounds.  You can see examples of that in
> several source files.

Yup.  I just wondered where that macro came from...

Anyway, I've now applied all of Sungbin's patches to Emacs 28, and
things seem to work for me.  I've tested compiling on Debian and the
latest Macos, and xwidget seems to work well on Macos now.  Thanks for
implementing this, Sungbin.

There's a couple added compilation warnings (on Macos) that should be
fixed, but before looking at that, I noticed that an unrelated patch
made the build spew out all these warnings:

In file included from print.c:25:
./lisp.h:1830:12: warning: the argument to '__builtin_assume' has side effects
      that will be discarded [-Wassume]
  eassume (0 <= i && i < bool_vector_size (a));
           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
./lisp.h:182:32: note: expanded from macro 'eassume'
# define eassume(cond) assume (cond)
                               ^~~~

etc etc.

Was that from one of Paul's patches yesterday?

Anyway, I'm closing this bug report now, and we can open new ones for
any problems that may crop up...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no