Subject: bug#29537: Core updates broken

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 19:15:23 +0100

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> Gábor Boskovits <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> It seems, that we have a breakage in current core-updates. m4, gettext, and
>> at least a few other packages fail to build.
>
> Hello!
>
> The problem is that the glibc version string is used a couple of places
> to determine where locales are found.
>
> The attached patch fixes it, though I'm not sure if it's the best
> approach.  Thoughts?

Thank you.

I find it a little ugly to replace the exact version string with only
the major+minor version substring.  Why can’t we use the full version
string?

Do you mean that other packages (such as m4, gettext, etc) compare
against only the major+minor substring of glibc?  If that is so, I think
this patch is acceptable as we cannot possibly patch all other packages
to use the full version string.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net