Subject: bug#29533: Fwd: [Feature Request] ERC: let erc-join-channel support to select channels from history or a defined list

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 07:40:54 -0700

stardiviner <[email-masked]> writes:

> +                           (mapcar 'car erc-join-channels-alist))
> lisp/erc/erc.el:4048: indent with spaces.
> +          erc-join-channels-alist)))))
> ```
>
> I didi an google search, but still don't know how to set this. Shouldn't it be
> space-indented?

Yes, you should prefer indenting with spaces for the most part.

Maybe there is something in your local git configuration that is causing
this?

> And here is my patch diff. How should I submit this patch to Emacs/erc ?

You should ideally send the patch as an attached file produced by:

    git format-patch -1 HEAD

Also, we have some requirements for contributions, such as including a
ChangeLog entry.  This is described in the CONTRIBUTE file, and you can
also see examples in the git log.  (You can use `C-x 4 a' so you don't
have to type as much.)

Are there any changes that needs doing in the manual?  Should this be
announced in etc/NEWS?

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas