Subject: bug#29485: perl-geo-ip has /usr/share/ within the code

From: ng0 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 15:41:58 +0000

I'm searching for a good solution to analyze some logs. Geo::IP
is good enough. Now the problem is this:

user@abyayala /gnu/store/5mhrli41qbcpns3gg0yf1vv07lvpg8hm-perl-geo-ip-1.51$ egrep -nr "/usr/" lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.0/
lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.0/Geo/IP/Record.pod:9:  my $gi = Geo::IP->open("/usr/local/share/GeoIP/GeoIPCity.dat", GEOIP_STANDARD);
lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.0/Geo/IP.pm:5075:# default path /usr/local/share/GeoIP
lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.0/Geo/IP.pm:5159:    my $def_db_file = '/usr/local/share/GeoIP/GeoIP.dat';
lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.0/Geo/IP.pm:5962:  my $gi = Geo::IP->open("/usr/local/share/GeoIP/GeoIPCity.dat", GEOIP_STANDARD);
lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.0/Geo/IP.pm:5984:  my $g = Geo::IP->open('/usr/local/share/GeoIP/GeoIPv6.dat') or die;
lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.0/Geo/IP.pm:6046:I<datadir>, typically I</usr/local/share/GeoIP/GeoIP.dat>.
lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.0/Geo/IP.pm:6078:typically I</usr/local/share/GeoIP/GeoIPCity.dat>.
lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.0/Geo/IP.pm:6226:  my $g = Geo::IP->open('/usr/local/share/GeoIP/GeoIPv6.dat') or die;

However this is not really a problem unless you are on GuixSD.
As we do not package the DB of MaxDB (yet) you'll need for this, it's
not a problem. I'm filing this bug to remind myself to fix Geo::IP once
I have revisited the discussion we had about the DB a while back.
-- 
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588
GnuPG: https://c.n0.is/ng0_pubkeys/tree/keys
  WWW: https://n0.is